Some things are so worth the wait, and some things just take a long time. This quilt fits into both, I hope. It is indeed taking forever, mainly because I messed up my Necchi and had to send it to the shop…I forgot to bring the power cord, so it sat for a week until I got back over there with it, and I’ve been waiting…and waiting⌛️
I have not been idle…I attached the walking foot to Girl #2’s machine after hauling it up from the basement, (and cleaning it) and started stitching in the ditch around each block. I have since moved on to blocks that had straight line work or gentle curves, but the going is slow. The walking foot likes to work loose and then we lose a needle, etc. I finally have that under control, but now I have run out of blocks to do using the walking foot. 😡
Still no word on Miss Necchi, so now have some choices to make….I can put this one aside and sandwich number 3 to start sewing around those blocks, practice drawing feathers, start some piecework, or I can attempt to set up Miss Janome here with a FMQ foot and see what happens……
FMQ foot it is! (Well I did try drawing feathers…disaster! So now I am tracing them over and over, maybe that will release my inner chicken or whatever I need to make them look remotely close to feathers….) 😁
Meanwhile, I’ve tried a little meandering,
some little hearts I drew on,
an all over random scroll,
some stippling (sort of),
and some echo work.
Things are looking up! It amazes me how quick it is to FMQ a block versus outlining with the walking foot! Hopefully SS#2 will soon be ready for binding.