I took a short break from Peace, but am now back to doing a few rows each night. I have needle issues, so it has been a little inconvenient working on the back, but that is nearing completion, and things will be easier for the front.
The pattern had a few challenges in it, especially how to handle the rows of one color, except for a few stitches in the center! I don’t think I did them to code, but think I can make it work, and I may do a little research before I get to that point on the front.
I did come up, with a helpful tip that may be of use to some. The written instructions contain the decreases for the sleeve area, and instead of going back and forth between the chart and those written decreases, I marked them on the chart. It worked great, especially since I was able to double check that I would end up with the correct number of stitches before I even started! Why it took me this long to figure that out, I have no idea, but I’ll certainly use it again!
Now I am ready to bind off the center back and finish the shoulders, so am working through the mysteries of the short row. I think I finally can see how it will develop in my mind, so will give it a try tonight, and see how it goes! I am excited to turn my attention to the front, and not be fighting with my needles all the time. I never did solve my straight needles dilemma, so made do with my two pair of circulars. Oh well, it’s over now, so I got through. 🙂