The Romances and Roses quilt is complete! It was a big challenge, and I learned a lot in the process. There were mistakes, and there are a few sections of quilting that I am not completely happy with, but in the final analysis, I am improving…maybe in another 10 years…..
My sandwiching on this quilt was much improved, piecing and color choices went up a notch or two, and my FMQ work is broadening in scope. I learned to do scroll work and a diamond pattern, as well as my first ever echo quilting. I added some extra embellishment on one border and it really adds to the whole. I nearly doubled the original size of this quilt, so it was a workout to move it around. The completed quilt is a generous queen size.
Issues that I need to work on…the mysterious tension problems that pop up in the middle of a section. Very discouraging to be cruising along smoothly, only to turn the quilt over and see that all is not well after all. Even more frustrating when you start up again, run a small test line, and now everything is just fine, even with no adjustments. 😖 The other frustration is when you adjust the tension from 9 to 0 and there is no difference. I definitely have got a tension gremlin staying in my sewing room!
I neglected to take a photo before handing it off to the bride and groom, but have a corner to share here along with a photo of the two best friends on a beautiful day.